Is it time for you to file a disability complaint?

If you have a disability and you’re employed, you may have had to overcome a lot of personal hurdles to stay competitive in your workplace. In addition, you might benefit from some workplace accommodations that could help you be more comfortable while at work and perform your job duties at a higher level.

However, what if you’re not receiving the workplace accommodations to which you’re legally entitled? What if, after numerous requests to your employer, you can’t get the accommodations you need to be competitive?

A lot of California workers with disabilities endure uncomfortable job conditions because — after numerous requests and numerous attempts — they give up, but workers’ with disabilities need to remember: The law is on your side. You can file an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) complaint to get the accommodations you deserve.

Americans with Disabilities Act complaints: What’s involved

If your employer is covered under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and you’ve been denied workplace accommodations, you might be the victim of workplace discrimination. As such, you may be able to file an ADA complaint. Filing your ADA complaint involves a letter written to the U.S. Department of Justice.

In your Americans with Disabilities Act complaint, you’ll want to include the following:

— Your name and contact information.

— The name of the person who is suffering from the discrimination.

— The name and contact information for the discriminatory institution, business or organization.

— A full description of the discrimination, the dates of the discrimination and the names of the people who are acting in a discriminatory way.

— Any additional information that can be useful to support your claims. This can include an affidavit written by the person suffering from the discrimination, in addition to copies of important documents. It’s important to send copies rather than the original documents.

Get help from a workplace discrimination lawyer

An employment law attorney who handles California discrimination cases can help you compile and file your ADA complaint. Your lawyer can also investigate other legal strategies that could assist you in obtaining the workplace disability accommodations that you have a legal right to receive.

No Comments

Post A Comment